If you would like further information on the 20 companies in FAIRR’s antibiotics engagement, you can become an investor member of FAIRR to access our individual company analysis supplement.
You will receive an email containing the report link within 48 hours of joining the network.
The analysis includes:
- Details of individual companies’ strengths and weaknesses
- Insights from company meetings
- Full company responses to our engagement.
Individual company analysis: outline
For each company, we assess the following questions:
- Does the company have an antibiotics policy publicly available on its website?
- What is the scope of the policy?
- Does it cover animal-derived proteins sourced across all its operations and across all relevant species?
- Does it cover all antibiotics or is it limited to a certain class of antibiotics only (for example, critically important antibiotics)?
- What is the strength of the company’s commitment?
- Does it only prohibit growth promotion by, for example, complying with FDA guidance?1
- Does it prohibit all routine uses of antibiotics, i.e., growth promotion and prophylactic use?
- Does the policy commit to specific targets and timelines for all species?
- Does the company commit to third-party auditing and monitoring?
- Does the company report on progress?