Climate Week NYC brings together leaders in climate action from business, government, and the climate community, in conjunction with the United Nations General Assembly and the City of New York, creating an ambitious platform for our mission to drive climate action.
The food we eat is responsible for a third of global greenhouse gas emissions. Speakers of this session will address how businesses and governments can use their purchasing power and influence to decarbonize food supply chains in a way that’s productive, resilient and equitable.
- Maria Lettini, Executive Director, the FAIRR Initiative;
- Jim Andrew, Chief Sustainability Officer, PepsiCo;
- Chris Harbourt, Chief Strategy Officer, Indigo Ag;
- Marjorie Kauffmann, Secretary of Environment and Infrastructure, Rio Grande do Sul;
- Sanjeev Krishnan, Chief Investment Officer, S2G Ventures.
The session will be moderated by Zitouni Ould-Dada, Deputy Director, Office of Climate Change, Biodiversity and Environment, FAO.