This event is part of the Financial Times Global Boardroom which brings together policy-makers, CEOs and investors to debate the most effective strategies as the recovery from the pandemic moves into a new phase.
Supply chain disruptions arising from the war in Ukraine, an agricultural powerhouse, have resulted in soaring prices and renewed concerns about future food security. At the same time, the negative impact of poor diets and industrial farming on people and the environment remain stubbornly difficult issues. Can our food systems be fixed? To properly feed a growing population without further endangering the planet requires a radical and systemic overhaul in the way we produce and consume food.
Participants of this event will discuss the following questions:
- How is the agri-food sector responding to this complex task?
- What more can be done to support farmers, who have a central role in driving the transition?
- Can food systems be incentivised to produce better quality, more affordable food?
- What bold and scalable approaches are seeing most success?
- Sudip Hazra, Director, ESG Research, Invesco;
- Maria Lettini, Executive Director, FAIRR Initiative;
- Gunhild Stordalen, Founder and Executive Chair, EAT.
Moderated by Emiko Terazono, Commodities Correspondent, Financial Times.