This panel is part of Blue Food Innovation Summit, a summit which aims to put blue food, sustainable aquaculture, and restorative ocean practices at the heart of the global conversation.
This panel will address the following questions:
- Which novel ingredients are the most viable options to integrate into aquafeed, to strengthen supply and boost the nutritional profile of traditional feeds?
- How can farmers and producers utilise novel ingredients to add nutritional value instead of replacing traditional feeds?
- What key challenges are there to scaling novel ingredients and what innovations are addressing these obstacles?
- As scale remains the objective for novel ingredients, what innovation and investments have there been in algal, black soldier fly, and bacterial ingredients?
- What are consumer opinions of novel ingredients, and how can the sector work to enhance consumer awareness, whilst improving credibility and positioning in the market?
- Lily Stuart, Research and Engagements Manager, FAIRR Initiative
- Jorge Díaz-Global, Sustainability Manager, Skretting
- Nizar El Alami, CTO, Innovafeed
- Allan LeBlanc, Vice President, Aquaculture Lead, Calysta
- Øyvind Fylling-Jensen, CEO, Nofima