In 2017, Greene King adopted a strong and comprehensive policy on antibiotics that prohibits the prophylactic use of antibiotics across all species. However, the company has not followed this up with any updates on implementation, does not report on usage or progress, and it is not clear whether all suppliers across multiple jurisdictions are covered by their policy. Further, Greene King’s policy is not publicly available making it the only UK-based company in the engagement to not publicly disclose their policy on their website
- We would encourage Greene King to further strengthen their programme by:
- Publishing its policy on the Greene King website.
- Clarifying whether their policy covers all suppliers across all relevant jurisdictions.
- Setting targets and timelines for implementation.
- Committing to third-party audits across all relevant markets and species to ensure supplier compliance.
- Reporting more comprehensively and publicly on implementation progress including antibiotics use.
No information provided
See the company response to the engagement here.