Paid, full time, 6 months (February 2022 – July 2022)
Office-based, London W1, UK
- Closing Date
- Friday, 21st Jan 2022
Background on FAIRR and the Coller Foundation
The FAIRR Initiative was established in 2015 by the Jeremy Coller Foundation. FAIRR is the fastest growing ESG investor network which raises awareness of the material ESG risks and opportunities in global food chains.
The FAIRR Initiative works with over 250 investors representing more than $45 trillion in combined assets to use their power and influence to help global food companies (retailers, brand manufacturers, livestock, fish and dairy producers) build a more sustainable and equitable global food system. We produce thematic and individual company research discussing the financial impacts of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, which inform our market-leading collaborative engagements such as the Sustainable Proteins engagement. You can learn more about FAIRR and its recent research and engagements on www.fairr.org
The Jeremy Coller Foundation established in 2002 is the philanthropic vehicle of Jeremy Coller, Chair and Chief Investment Officer of Coller Capital, a leading private equity secondaries business. The Jeremy Coller Foundation is a strategic grant-making organisation with two primary focus areas. First, the Foundation is working to further venture and management education, partnering with Tel Aviv University on the Coller Institute of Venture and the Coller School of Management. Second, the Foundation seeks to address animal welfare, environmental and human health issues caused by factory farming through both grant-making and the FAIRR Initiative. Recent initiatives include the launch of the Coller Animal Law Forum (CALF) and a JCF podcast series Ctrl-Alt-Meat. You can learn more on www.jeremycollerfoundation.org; www.colleranimallawforum.org and Ctrl-Alt-Meat
We care passionately about the work we do. Our team boasts a variety of talents, all of which are instrumental to the ongoing success of our organisation. Not only are we an international, multicultural and diverse group of people, but each of us also shares the organisation’s vision for a more sustainable and equitable food system.
About the role
The successful candidate will play a key role developing and executing digital marketing strategies and campaigns to support the promotion of research, engagement and events.
The candidate will be a collaborative team player able to partner well with colleagues in Communications, Marketing, Policy and stakeholders across FAIRR and the Coller Foundation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate to influence investors, companies and other stakeholders to drive change in the global food system. This role will report to the Marketing Manager.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- News tracking: Monitor news stories and curate summaries so that the wider team can keep up to date with industry news and draft appropriate responses to relevant publications
- Social media campaigns: Day to day execution of the social media strategy to drive engagement ad follower growth. Plan content in line with wider business activities. Monitor mentions and relevant publications to inform reactive social media output and call out to key products and research.
- Reporting: Support multi-channel reporting with the creation of presentations to assess the performance of key products and research
- Content creation: Assist with drafting content for onsite copy or emails, as well as other projects when required.
- Design Support: Support the team in the creation of FAIRR/JCF branded templates for various collateral marketing materials including digital and physical assets e.g. social media visuals, PPT decks, pop up banners, other materials
- Web design support: Contribute to content updates to FAIRR and JCF websites (i.e writing copy or uploading content to the CMS)
- Support wider business activities: Contributing to FAIRR’s long term goals of building a sustainable food system through other ad-hoc projects throughout the internship
Required qualifications and competencies
- 6 month experience in digital marketing tools and platforms.
- Environmental or marketing-based degree preferred but not required.
- Experience in social media and understanding of key metrics to assess performance.
- Strong organisational skills with ability to manage small scale projects across different teams.
- Fluency and experience working with Excel and presenting data in a concise and visual way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Design skills for basic items such as Twitter cards, flyers etc.
- Creative and idea driven. Willingness to try new approaches and ideas to achieve ambitious team KPIs in the rapidly evolving and competitive external environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, other languages a bonus.
- Good understanding of environmental, social and governance issues, ideally in the food and agriculture space, or willingness to learn.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].