Paid, full time, 6 months (until March 2022) with the possibility of extension
Office-based, London, UK (remote until further guidance)
- Closing Date
- Wednesday, 25th Aug 2021
The FAIRR Initiative is an investor coalition backed by institutional investors with over $40 trillion in assets. We engage investors on the material risks and opportunities associated with intensive livestock farming. We also facilitate collaborative investor engagements and produce briefings on a range of important issues, including the routine use of antibiotics in agricultural supply chains, protein diversity, and close confinement of farm animals.
Our organisation aims to drive forward constructive dialogues with companies, policymakers, academics, NGOs and other related actors to improve corporate and industry practices in the interest of safeguarding the long-term value of investment portfolios globally. In 2016, we launched the award-winning Sustainable Proteins Engagement, which assesses 25 of the world’s largest publicly listed retailers and manufacturers on their use of protein diversification to drive growth and build climate-aligned portfolios. In 2018, FAIRR launched the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index, which is the world’s first comprehensive assessment of the largest global animal protein companies on critical environmental, social and governance issues.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic graduate intern to support FAIRR’s marketing and communications activities. The successful candidate will offer general support to FAIRR’s communications team and assist in strengthening the organisation’s social media presence. As a paid Graduate Intern, you will contribute to content creation and the overall communications strategy to effectively promote FAIRR’s research and reports. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate to join an innovative and growing organisation, learn about a fast-growing sector and quickly gain responsibility in a dynamic working environment.
- News tracking: Monitor news stories and curate summaries so that the wider team can keep up to date with industry news and draft appropriate responses to relevant publications
- Social media: Responsibility for all social media channels. Plan content as well as monitor mentions and relevant publications to inform reactive social media output and call out to key products and research
- Reporting: Support multi-channel reporting with the creation of presentations to assess the performance of key products and research
- Content creation: Assist with drafting content for onsite copy or emails, as well as other projects when required.
The successful candidate will receive assignments from across the office. They will have opportunities to work independently and as part of a team and fully participate in the activities of a fast-paced work environment. Alongside supporting the team’s existing work, they will be encouraged to make the role their own by executing new ideas and taking the initiative to improve current offerings.
- Environmental or marketing-based degree may be helpful but not required.
- Experience in social media planning and understanding of key metrics to assess performance.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage small scale projects across different teams.
- Good understanding of environmental, social and governance issues in the food sector.
- Fluency and experience working with Excel and presenting data in a concise and visual way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using WordPress is desirable.
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and an interest in sustainable food systems.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and switch between different tasks as needed in a fast-moving work environment.
- Strong interpersonal/ relationship management skills.
- Can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
- Ability to think creatively and take ownership of tasks and projects quickly.
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please find this job posting on our website at: http://www.fairr.org/opportunities/