London (hybrid working, with at least two days required at the Central London office).
Pension (15% employer contribution with matching), private health insurance and 25-days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Closing Date
- Sunday, 28th Aug 2022
The FAIRR (Farm Animal Investment Risk & Return) Initiative was established in 2015 by the Jeremy Coller Foundation. It is the world’s fastest-growing environmental, social and governance (ESG) investor network and raises awareness of the material ESG risks and opportunities in global food chains.
The FAIRR Initiative works with over 300 investors representing more than $66 trillion in combined assets to engage global food companies (retailers, brand manufacturers, livestock, fish and dairy producers) on ESG risks to build a more sustainable and equitable global food system. We produce thematic and individual company research discussing the financial impacts of ESG issues, which inform our market-leading collaborative engagements such as the Sustainable Proteins engagement. You can learn more about FAIRR and its recent research and engagements at www.FAIRR.org.
The Jeremy Coller Foundation, established in 2002, is the philanthropic vehicle of Jeremy Coller, Chair and Chief Investment Officer of Coller Capital, a leading private equity secondaries business. The Jeremy Coller Foundation is a strategic grant-making organisation with two primary focus areas. First, the Foundation seeks to address animal welfare and environmental and human health issues caused by factory farming through both grant-making and the FAIRR Initiative. Other recent initiatives include the launch of the Coller Animal Law Forum (CALF). Second, the Foundation is working to further venture and management education, partnering with Tel Aviv University on the Coller Institute of Venture and the Coller School of Management. You can learn more at www.jeremycollerfoundation.org and the www.colleranimallawforum.org.
We care passionately about the work we do. Our team includes a wide variety of talents, all of which are instrumental to the ongoing success of our organisation. Not only are we an international, multicultural and diverse group of people, but each of us also shares the organisation’s vision for a more sustainable and equitable food system. We are a friendly, hard-working, innovative, and supportive team.
Our passion inspires much of the work that we do. We come to work every day with the goal of changing the conversation with investors and corporates and evolving our global food system.
About the role
The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and executing digital marketing strategies and campaigns to support the promotion of research, engagements and events. We are looking for a creative and ideas-driven individual who is willing to try new approaches to achieve ambitious team marketing KPIs in a rapidly evolving and competitive external environment.
The candidate will be a collaborative team player able to partner well with colleagues in Marketing, Communications and across FAIRR and the Foundation. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate to influence investors, companies and other stakeholders to drive change in the global food system. This role will report to the Marketing Manager.
In the first eight months, the successful candidate can expect to support the Marketing Manager in the project management and delivery of the redesign of the FAIRR website. Experience in project management, website design (including wireframes, user experience, and functionality) and managing external agencies, as well as internal and external stakeholder feedback, would be desirable.
- Digital Marketing Campaigns: Support the development, design and execution of digital marketing strategies in support of FAIRR’s research, investor engagements and events, and Coller Foundation’s projects and events.
- Direct Marketing tools: Manage day-to-day execution of Pardot member-aligned email marketing campaigns, coordinating, creating and delivering an appropriate email schedule. Responsibility for developing and delivering the FAIRR monthly Pardot newsletter.
- Social Media campaigns and tools: Fluent across all main social media channels including LinkedIn and Twitter. Experience using Hootsuite is preferable but not essential as training can be provided.
- Web design support and redevelopment: Support and help manage comprehensive web design projects, working with a third-party website and SEO agency to produce engaging and appealing online content from project ideation to completion, across both FAIRR and JCF websites. Day-to-day website management and support with content updates to FAIRR and JCF websites.
- Design Support: Protect the FAIRR/JCF brand and ensure the correct templates are used by colleagues. Support the execution of FAIRR/JCF branded templates for various collateral marketing materials including digital and physical assets e.g. PowerPoint decks, brochures, event signage, etc.
- Search Engine Optimisation: Support and manage a third-party SEO agency and monitor performance against key KPIs, as well as implement recommendations.
- Data analysis: Monitor and assess marketing and communications data, incorporating findings into FAIRR strategy and monthly reports.
- Content: Draft and edit copy for internal and external communications across different mediums. Ensure that brand guidelines are adhered to in all communications.
- CRM management. Work with the Operations Officer to optimise the use of Salesforce and Pardot communications interface to achieve marketing KPIs and outcomes.
- Events support: Assist teams in delivering online events/webinars, hybrid, and in-person events. This will include managing technology interfaces and supporting the creation of PowerPoint slides for speakers.
Qualifications & Experience
Skills & Experience:
- A self-starter who is able to independently move projects forward, prioritise tasks, and meet agreed deadlines.
- Proficiency in full Microsoft 365 Office suite, especially in Excel and PowerPoint.
- 2-3 years of experience in using digital marketing tools and platforms.
- Good working knowledge of front-end coding languages, such as HTML and CSS.
- Fully conversant with content creation and graphic design tools, such as WordPress and Canva.
- Strong team working, planning, prioritisation and project management skills.
- Experience working with Marketing suppliers and freelancers to time and budget.
- Experience planning, executing and measuring social media campaigns across LinkedIn, Twitter (primarily) and other channels as required.
- Experience measuring ROI in direct marketing campaigns, including through Google Analytics, and using this to inform strategy and reporting.
- Ability to apply brand and design guidelines consistently across platforms, including building templates.
- Acting as a brand ambassador to ensure consistency across communications.
- Fully operational experience with Pardot email marketing and solid experience of the Salesforce CRM platform.
- Experience delivering or supporting hybrid and in-person events, including Zoom webinars.
- An excellent copywriter with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Financial literacy is required.
- A good understanding of and interest in ESG issues, ideally in the food and agriculture space, or a willingness to learn.
- An understanding of investment management, public policy and other adjacent areas.
- Experience with video and podcast creation or a desire to learn.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesignLanguage skills.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise tasks, manage own time and work to deadlines.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- High attention to detail and a completer-finisher.
- Proactive and capable of working autonomously on own initiative.
- Able to learn quickly.
- Flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities with an entrepreneurial spirit to be happy to help wherever required.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A strong customer service ethos to deliver high marketing standards to the team.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships.
How to apply
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line, Application: Digital Marketing Executive. Please note that we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
As part of the application process, you will be required to provide documentary evidence of your right to work in the UK. The deadline is Sunday, 28 August 2022, or sooner if a successful hire is made before the deadline.