Office-based, Park House, London, UK (The role will be hybrid working, 2 days per week minimum in the office)
Pension Benefit, Private Medical Insurance, 25-days holiday (plus Bank Holidays); Dental Insurance.
- Closing Date
- Tuesday, 31st May 2022
FAIRR is an innovative peer network for investors harnessing the power of capital markets to transform global protein production away from an over-reliance on intensive animal agriculture systems. We work with over 300 investors representing over $50 trillion in combined assets to use their power and influence to help global livestock, fish and dairy companies build a more sustainable global food system.
Building on the success of FAIRR’s flagship research, the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index, we are looking to broaden our capacity for research and engagement with the global food companies.
About the role
The successful candidate will support our research and engagement strategy to enable FAIRR’s Investor Members to drive better engagement and stewardship outcomes with their investments in the food sector. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and growing organisation that is working to engage the institutional investor community on cutting-edge issues in the area of sustainable food production.
The candidate will be part of FAIRR’s Research & Engagement team and will work on the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index, a ground-breaking benchmark of 60 of the world’s largest animal protein producers on the most material ESG issues. The goal of the Index is to enable institutional investors to better understand the critical risks and opportunities faced by the meat, dairy, and fish companies in their portfolios. We use our proprietary methodology to assess sustainability and business risks associated with this sector. This is an ambitious and data-intensive project that involves an in-depth analysis of 60 global companies across multiple ESG themes.
- Working with sector experts and investors to refine and maintain the Index’s proprietary methodology across all thematic areas.
- Managing the extensive data collection and analysis process to ensure robust, accurate, and reliable data outcomes.
- Developing analytical research on the ESG and business performance of companies using our proprietary methodology.
- Liaising directly with Index companies to continually improve corporate engagement with the Index constituents, including establishing an active feedback loop.
- Working directly with investors to encourage greater adoption of the Index data to develop their internal ESG ratings and scores. Our goal is to get more investors to integrate our data into their investment processes.
- Supporting investor engagements linked to outcomes from the Index.
- Working closely with colleagues to support investor stewardship activities on Index companies, including supporting collaborative investor engagements on an annual basis.
- Providing administrative and research support to other relevant initiatives within FAIRR.
As a close-knit and relatively small team, you may also be required to work with other parts of the FAIRR team on an ad hoc basis. This includes research requests, document preparation, events, or other tasks as required.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in the corporate sustainability/ESG sector
- Excellent research and analytical skills—both qualitative and quantitative—with strong attention to detail. Ability to identify relevant trends in large data sets and derive conclusions based on the analysis.
- Strong project management skills, including an ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of interacting and working with senior business professionals and the ability to engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Fluent in Mandarin
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Environmental Economics, Sustainable Development, Sustainable Finance, Development Economics or Environmental Sciences or relevant work experience.
- Understanding of ESG issues in the food and beverage sector and knowledge of reporting frameworks such as CDP, SASB, TCFD, and GRI
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Ability to draft written materials to a professional standard with minimal review and excellent verbal communications skills
- Proactive attitude and a confident and professional manner in dealing with senior business professionals.
- Advanced skills in Excel (and Office 365 in general).
- Willing to occasionally attend conference calls in different time zones outside normal working hours.
Interested applicants should complete the form here
**Applicants must be eligible to work and reside in the UK.