Permanent (FTC), 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
London (hybrid working, with at least two days in the office)
Up to 15% employer pension contribution, private health/dental insurance and 25 days paid holiday + public holidays
- Closing Date
- Tuesday, 31st Jan 2023
The FAIRR Initiative was established in 2015 by the Jeremy Coller Foundation. FAIRR is the fastest-growing ESG investor network which raises awareness of the material ESG risks and opportunities in global food chains. Our work is focused on harnessing the power of capital markets to transform global protein production away from an over-reliance on intensive animal agriculture. FAIRR works with over 350 investors, representing $70 trillion in combined assets under management to use their power and influence to help global livestock, fish and dairy companies build a more sustainable food system.
About the role:
As an analyst, you will contribute to FAIRR’s market-leading work on climate scenario analysis and research, to close the knowledge gap on climate-related risks and opportunities in the agri-food sector. This will involve supporting the work on the in-house scenario assessment model that identifies the impacts of climate on the financial performance of some of the biggest producers of animal protein such as beef, pork, poultry and dairy.
In the role, you will:
- Lead data input, analyses and visualization
- Contribute to drafting various outputs, e.g. reports, presentations, etc.
- Support in modelling climate scenarios relevant for investors, with a focus on the Agri-food sector
- Contribute to research on climate risk and opportunities
- Support project implementation such as drafting meeting notes, coordinating logistics for in-person meetings
- Contribute to the strategic vision of the climate work
- Proactive in implementing and experimenting with new ideas using data and research
- Attention to detail, ability to work with large data, intellectual curiosity, and quick learning skills.
- An interest in sustainable food systems and in understanding the intersection of sustainability and financial materiality for publicly listed companies, and asset managers.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- A minimum of a master’s degree with a focus on quantitative analysis in the area of climate change, environment, economics or natural resource management.
- Experience and interest in climate risk assessment
- Expert level of fluency and experience working with Excel.
- Keenness to learn programming languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to tailor large amounts of information and data to suit various audiences.
How to apply:
Please send applications to [email protected] with the subject line, Job Application: ESG Analyst (Climate). Make sure to include a CV (no longer than two sides) and a one-page cover letter.
We will review applications on a rolling basis with virtual interviews being held ASAP.
Please note that we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
**As part of the application process, you will need to provide documentary evidence of your right to work in the UK.