Type of position: Permanent FTC
Location: Office-based, London, UK
Benefits: Pension Benefit, Private Health Insurance, 25-days paid holiday + public holidays
Closing date: Ongoing
FAIRR is an innovative peer network for investors harnessing the power of capital markets to transform global protein production away from an over-reliance on intensive animal agriculture systems. We work with over 200 investors representing $20 trillion in combined assets to use their power and influence to help global livestock, fish and dairy companies build a more sustainable global food system.
FAIRR publishes the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index, the world’s only assessment of meat, dairy and farmed fish producers on material environmental, social and governance risks. We are looking to broaden our capacity for research and engagement with the global food companies covered by the Index.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Index Analyst to support FAIRR’s research and corporate engagement work with global protein producers as well as their customers, which include food retailers, manufacturers and restaurant companies. The role will provide support and coordination for FAIRR’s existing research and assist in the development of new workstreams. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and growing organisation working to engage the institutional investor community on cutting-edge issues in the area of sustainable food.
The role will have two main functions:
- Research: Supporting a robust research and analysis process on companies covered by the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index
- Support: Providing general administrative and research support to other initiatives within FAIRR.
Supporting a robust research and analysis process on companies covered by the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index, the first-ever benchmark on the ESG performance of global protein producers. This will include:
- Contributing to the continuous strengthening of the Index methodology, assessing both public disclosures and controversies in the public domain across key risk factors.
- Identifying and developing case studies on companies in the FAIRR universe across risk factors, focusing on the financial materiality of cases.
- Enhancing communication and engagement with Index companies, including developing the first-ever questionnaire on ESG risk management in the global protein sector.
- Contributing to in-house expertise on specific proteins covered by the Index, including aquaculture, across regions and issues.
- Maintaining the Index Compendium, ensuring information on company financial profiles, operations, markets and shareholders is up-to-date.
- Contributing to research on company scores and rankings.
- Contributing to the development of all final outputs, including the report and investor-specific materials.
- Driving investor engagement by maintaining FAIRR’s online portal exclusive to members.
Providing general administrative and research support to other relevant initiatives within FAIRR. This may include responsibilities such as:
- Supporting ad hoc research requests.
- Supporting the engagement team to develop content.
- Organising and coordinating meetings and events, including coordinating across multiple schedules.
- Drafting internal documents and taking meeting notes/minutes.
- Completing other tasks as required.
The Index Analyst will have opportunities to work both independently and as part of a team, and fully participate in the activities of a fast-paced work environment. They will have the opportunity to contribute to leading research and investor engagements in the responsible investment and sustainable development space.
Required qualifications and skills
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills with the ability to perform independent research and analysis.
- Good understanding of environmental, social and governance issues in the food sector.
- Fluency and experience working with Excel and PowerPoint as well as database management systems such as Salesforce.
- Experience producing research and published reports is desirable.
- Experience using Bloomberg is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity and an interest in sustainable food systems
- Organisation and ability to multitask as needed
How to apply
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter to [email protected]
** Applicants must be eligible to work and reside in the UK