Internship for 6 months. July - December 2022
Office-based, London, UK (The role will be hybrid working, 2 days per week minimum in the office)
We are a London Living Wage employer
- Closing Date
- Wednesday, 15th Jun 2022
The FAIRR Initiative is an investor coalition backed by institutional investors with over $52 trillion in assets. We work to engage investors on the material risks and opportunities connected with intensive livestock farming. FAIRR facilitates collaborative investor engagements and produces briefings on a range of important issues, including the sustainable aquaculture, routine use of antibiotics in agricultural supply chains, protein diversity, and close confinement of farm animals. FAIRR aims to drive forward constructive dialogues with companies, policy makers, academics, NGOs and other related actors to improve corporate and industry practices in the interest of safeguarding the long-term value of investment portfolios globally. In 2016, FAIRR launched the award-winning Sustainable Proteins Engagement which assesses 25 of the world’s largest publicly listed retailers and manufacturers using protein diversification to drive growth and build climate-aligned portfolios. In 2018, FAIRR launched the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index, The world’s first comprehensive assessment of the largest global animal protein companies on critical environmental, social and governance issues. In 2019, FAIRR launched the Climate Risk Tool, a first-of-its-kind tool which enables investors to conduct scenario analysis on animal protein companies.
About the role
As a paid graduate intern, you will contribute to FAIRR’s market leading work on climate modelling and scenario analysis to close the knowledge gap among investors on climate related risks and opportunities associated with intensive livestock farming. This will involve building the third version of our Climate Risk Tool, an excel based scenario assessment model that identifies the impacts of climate risks and opportunities on the financial performance of some of the biggest companies that produce animal protein such as beef, pork, poultry and dairy. In the role, you will:
- Support in modelling climate scenarios for the livestock sector
- Assist in day to day data analysis, related to adding new data in the model
- Assist in data fetching from online databases as well as publicly available sources and in data integration on ESG performance indicators
- Assist in data visualization and creating user-friendly interface for investors.
- Assist in drafting various written outputs, e.g. reports, meeting notes, presentations, etc. and organizing meetings for different stakeholders such as investors, academics and companies.
- Assist in operational work related to implementing the project.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably a Master’s degree or currently undertaking a PhD with a focus on quantitative analysis in the area of climate change, environment, natural resource management.
- Experience and interest in climate modelling
- Expert level of fluency and experience working with Excel.
- Strong understanding of environmental, social and governance issues in the food sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to tailor large amounts of information and data to suit various audiences.
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and quick learning skills.
- An interest in sustainable food systems and in understanding the intersection of sustainability and financial materiality for publicly listed companies, and asset managers.
- A self-starter who will thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and who will seek ways of improving processes.
We are a London Living Wage employer.
How to Apply
Please fill out the application form here
The deadline is Wednesday, 15th of June 2022, or sooner if a successful hire is made before the deadline.
**As part of the application process candidates will need to evidence their right to work in the UK.