Type of position: Permanent FTC
Location: Office-based, London, UK
Benefits: Pension Benefit, Private Health Insurance, 25-days paid holiday + public holidays
Closing date: February 28, 2020
FAIRR is an innovative peer network for investors harnessing the power of capital markets to transform global protein production away from an over-reliance on intensive animal agriculture systems. We work with over 250 investors representing over $20 trillion in combined assets to use their power and influence to help global livestock, fish and dairy companies build a more sustainable global food system.
Building on the success of FAIRR’s flagship research, the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index, we are looking to broaden our capacity for research and engagement with the global food companies.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic ESG Analyst to support FAIRR’s research and corporate engagement work with global protein producers as well as their customers, which include food retailers, manufacturers and restaurant companies. The role will provide support and coordination for FAIRR’s thought-leading research and assist in the development of new workstreams. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and growing organisation working to engage the institutional investor community and global food companies on cutting-edge issues in the area of sustainable food.
The role will have four main functions:
- Research: Conduct robust research and data analysis on global food companies, including constituents of the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index
- Engagements: Contribute to FAIRR’s collaborative investor engagements with consumer-facing food companies, including conducting research and driving investor-company dialogue
- Events: Increasing awareness of FAIRR at relevant events and conferences to help raise the organisation’s profile and help showcase relevant recent research, initiatives and investor briefings.
- General: Providing general administrative and research support to other initiatives within FAIRR.
Conduct robust research and data analysis on global food, including constituents of the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index, the first-ever benchmark on the ESG performance of global protein producers. This will include:
- Contributing to the continuous strengthening of the Index methodology, assessing both public disclosures and controversies in the public domain across key risk factors and ensuring alignment with global sustainability standards, including SASB, TCFD, GRI, CDP and others.
- Identifying and developing case studies on companies in the FAIRR universe across risk factors, focusing on the financial materiality of cases.
- Analysing, monitoring and interpreting portfolio performance and company financials to identify materiality of various impacts at different points in time
- Maintaining the Index Compendium, ensuring information on company financial profiles, operations, products, suppliers, markets and shareholders is up-to-date.
- Contributing to research on company scores and rankings.
- Driving investor engagement by maintaining FAIRR’s online portal exclusive to members.
Contribute to FAIRR’s collaborative investor engagements with consumer-facing food companies, including conducting research and driving investor-company dialogue. This may include responsibilities such as:
- Producing baseline research to make the business case and develop an engagement rationale for each collaborative engagement.
- Designing an evaluation framework to effectively assess and rank companies as well as recommend key objectives for investors to drive change in food systems.
- Coordinate, facilitate and participate in dialogues between global institutional investors and food companies.
- Increasing awareness of FAIRR at relevant events and conferences to help raise the organisation’s profile and help showcase relevant recent research, initiatives and investor briefings.
Providing general support to other relevant initiatives within FAIRR, including events and conferences. This may include responsibilities such as:
- Organising and coordinating meetings and events, including coordinating across multiple schedules.
- Drafting internal documents and taking meeting notes/minutes.
- Completing other tasks as required.
The ESG Analyst will have opportunities to work both independently and as part of a team, and fully participate in the activities of a fast-paced work environment. They will have the opportunity to contribute to leading research and investor engagements in the responsible investment and sustainable development space.
Required qualifications and skills
- At least 2 years of working experience.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills with the ability to perform independent research and analysis.
- Good understanding of environmental, social and governance issues in the food sector.
- Fluency and experience working with Excel and PowerPoint as well as database management systems such as Salesforce.
- Experience using Bloomberg and Tableau is highly desirable.
- Experience producing research and published reports is desirable.
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, passion for learning, and an interest in sustainable food systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to synthesise vast amounts of information into recommendations and conclusions.
- Organisation and ability to multitask as needed
How to apply
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter to [email protected]
** Applicants must be eligible to work and reside in the UK