Full time, permanent
Office-based, London, UK (note: remote working will remain in place until further notice)
Pension Benefit, Private Health Insurance, 25-days paid vacation + public holidays
- Closing Date
- Friday, 26th Mar 2021
The FAIRR Initiative is an innovative peer network for investors that harnesses the power of capital markets to transform global protein supply chains to be sustainable and resilient. We produce thematic reports and individual company research discussing the financial impacts of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, which inform our market-leading collaborative engagements with global food companies, such as the Sustainable Proteins engagement.
We work with over 250 investors representing $29+ trillion in combined assets and use their power and influence to help global food companies (i.e., retailers, brand manufacturers, livestock, fish and dairy producers) build a more sustainable and equitable global food system.
About the role
We are looking for a Manager with at least three years of experience, ideally working in either venture capital or start-ups. In this role, you will lead our work in building investor understanding of the alternative protein sector and providing the research and data required to drive better engagement, stewardship and investment outcomes in the food sector. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and growing organisation that is working to engage the institutional investor community on cutting-edge issues in the area of sustainable food.
- Develop and execute a new workstream focused on food technology, which includes an engagement strategy for alternative protein companies.
- Lead on both company- and industry-level research, with an emphasis on ESG outcomes and financial impacts.
- Expand our internal databases on market data, company activities, investments and technology developments, while serving as FAIRR’s in-house expert for investors and established food companies on the alternative protein sector.
- Develop a deep understanding of business models and the readiness of technologies, including their commercial potential, scalability and path to market.
- Establish relationships with alternative protein companies and ensure that we grow our engagement with them.
- Present key findings to investors and assist with investor and company queries
- Organise and manage events relating to the alternative protein space.
- Contribute to special projects and other team activities.
- Represent FAIRR at external events and conferences in the responsible investment and food technology space.
- Significant relevant experience (e.g. in business, management consulting, corporate affairs/management/engagement, brand/product marketing, investment, venture capital, start-ups, food industry sales, etc.) Candidates with experience in an agri-food-focused start-up, investment firm (e.g. venture capital, private equity) or consultancy are strongly preferred, as are those with an existing network in the food tech space.
- Demonstrable experience of interacting and working with senior business professionals, along with the ability to engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, including an ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines without compromising attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills with the ability to perform independent research and analysis.
- Strong understanding of key financial concepts. Highly analytical and able to pull out key insights from financial data and large data sets.
- A clear understanding of the ESG impacts in the food industry and how these relate to the alternative protein industry.
- Fluency in spoken and written English with the ability to draft written materials to a professional standard with minimal review.
- Advanced skills in Excel (and Microsoft Office products).
- Willingness to occasionally attend conference calls in different time zones outside normal working hours.
How to apply
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line, Application: Food Tech Manager. Please note that we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
As part of the application process, you will be required to provide documentary evidence of your right to work in the UK.