Type of position: Paid, full time, September 2020– February 2021, with the possibility of extension.
Location: Office-based, London, UK
Closing date: 30 August 2020
The FAIRR Initiative is an investor coalition backed by institutional investors with over $23 trillion in assets. We work to engage investors on the material risks and opportunities connected with intensive livestock farming. FAIRR facilitates collaborative investor engagements and produces briefings on a range of important issues, including the routine use of antibiotics in agricultural supply chains, protein diversity, and close confinement of farm animals. FAIRR aims to drive forward constructive dialogues with companies, policymakers, academics, NGOs and other related actors to improve corporate and industry practices in the interest of safeguarding the long-term value of investment portfolios globally. In 2018, FAIRR launched the Coller FAIRR protein producer index, the world’s first comprehensive assessment of the largest global animal protein companies on critical environmental, social and governance issues
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic graduate intern to support FAIRR’s global investor outreach work. The role will provide support and coordination to FAIRR’s existing Members as well as assist in expanding our membership network. As a paid graduate intern, you will also contribute to FAIRR’s market-leading work to close the knowledge gap among investors on the risks associated with intensive livestock farming. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and growing organisation with huge ambition.
Examples of specific responsibilities could include:
- Developing briefing materials (talking points, background briefs, event logistics, external strategic documents, etc.) for the team’s external activities
- Developing tracking and monitoring systems on Excel to improve data gathering and analysis
- Preparing research and memos focused on issues related to intensive livestock production
- Assisting with organising FAIRR-sponsored events with investors and companies
- Contributing to FAIRR’s long term goals of building a sustainable food system through other ad-hoc projects throughout the internship
The intern will receive assignments from across the office. They will have opportunities to work independently and as part of a team and fully participate in the activities of a fast-paced work environment. They will also have the opportunity to represent FAIRR at external engagements and conferences in the responsible investment and sustainable development space.
- Environmental or finance-based degree preferred but not required
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills with the ability to perform independent research and analysis
- Good understanding of environmental, social and governance issues in the food sector
- Fluency and experience working with Excel and database management systems such as Salesforce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity and an interest in sustainable food systems
- Effective time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and switch between different tasks as needed
- Strong interpersonal/ relationship management skills
How to apply
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter to [email protected]
**Applicants must be eligible to work and reside in the UK.