Type of position: Paid, full time, January – June, with the possibility of extension.
Location: Office-based, London, UK
Closing date: Applications accepted on a rolling basis
FAIRR is an innovative peer network for investors harnessing the power of capital markets to transform global protein production away from an over-reliance on intensive animal agriculture systems. We work with over 250 investors representing over $20 trillion in combined assets to use their power and influence to help global livestock, fish and dairy companies build a more sustainable global food system.
Building on the success of FAIRR’s flagship research, the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index, we are looking to broaden our capacity for research and engagement with the global food companies.
About the role
As a paid graduate intern, you will contribute to FAIRR’s market-leading work to close the knowledge gap among investors on the risks associated with intensive livestock farming.
Examples of specific responsibilities could include:
- Preparing research and memos focused on issues related to intensive livestock production
- Developing briefing materials (talking points, background briefs, event logistics, external strategic documents, etc.) for the team’s external activities.
- Developing tracking and monitoring systems on Excel to improve data gathering and analysis
- Assisting with organising FAIRR-sponsored events with investors and companies.
The intern will receive assignments from across the office. They will have opportunities to work independently and as part of a team and fully participate in the activities of a fast-paced work environment. They will also have the opportunity to represent FAIRR at leading external engagements and conferences in the responsible investment and sustainable development space.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills with the ability to perform independent research and analysis
- Good understanding of environmental, social and governance issues in the food sector.
- Fluency and experience working with Excel and database management systems like Salesforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity and an interest in sustainable food systems
- Ability to work on multiple projects and switch between different tasks as needed
How to apply
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter to [email protected]
**Applicants must be eligible to work and reside in the UK.