Full time, permanent
London (hybrid working, with at least two days required at the Central London office)
Pension Benefit, Private Medical Insurance, 25-days holiday (plus Bank Holidays); Dental Insurance
- Closing Date
- Monday, 31st Oct 2022
The FAIRR Initiative was established in 2015 by the Jeremy Coller Foundation. FAIRR is the fastest-growing ESG investor network which raises awareness of the material ESG risks and opportunities in global food chains.
The FAIRR Initiative works with over 350 investors representing more than $65+ trillion in combined assets to use their power and influence to help global food companies (retailers, brand manufacturers, livestock, fish, and dairy producers) build a more sustainable and equitable global food system. We produce thematic and individual company research discussing the financial impacts of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, which inform our market-leading collaborative engagements such as the Sustainable Proteins engagement. You can learn more about FAIRR and its recent research and engagements on www.fairr.org
The Jeremy Coller Foundation established in 2002 is the philanthropic vehicle of Jeremy Coller, Chair and Chief Investment Officer of Coller Capital, a leading private equity secondaries business. The Jeremy Coller Foundation is a strategic grant-making organisation with two primary focus areas. First, the Foundation is working to further venture and management education, partnering with Tel Aviv University on the Coller Institute of Venture and the Coller School of Management. Second, the Foundation seeks to address animal welfare, environmental and human health issues caused by factory farming through both grant-making and the FAIRR Initiative. Recent initiatives include the launch of the Coller Animal Law Forum (CALF) and a JCF podcast series Ctrl-Alt-Meat. You can learn more on www.jeremycollerfoundation.org; www.colleranimallawforum.org and Ctrl-Alt-Meat
We care passionately about the work we do and our talented team is instrumental to our ongoing success. We are an innovative and diverse group of people, who share a vision for a more sustainable and equitable food system.
This is a great opportunity for a committed and approachable person who is passionate about HR, operations, and processes to join an expanding team in a role that is varied, challenging and highly rewarding.
We are looking for a skilled and efficient HR & Operations Officer who will support the Head of HR to recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. You will be responsible for administrative tasks, and you’ll contribute to our culture by making the Foundation a great place to work.
The role will provide excellent assistance and support to employees and managers through delivering efficient and effective HR & operations procedures and processes.
The HR & Operations Officer will require excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and should have knowledge of employment legislation. It is essential that you can manage sensitive and confidential data. The ideal candidate will possess excellent administration, organisational and time-management skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
You will be a collaborative team player able to partner well with colleagues across FAIRR and the Coller Foundation. This is an exciting opportunity to work for FAIRR to be part of the drive for change in the global food system.
HR Operations & Administration
- Supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives, processes, and systems
- Providing advice on policies and procedures
- Supporting HR Projects e.g., system implementations and policy reviews
- Providing ad hoc support and cover for the Head of HR
- Being actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads, and managing the hiring/recruitment process. This will involve preparing job descriptions, advertising vacant positions/ posting vacancies to job sites and managing the recruitment process. Responding to applicants and supporting the hiring manager and other team members with the recruitment process including arranging interviews and sending out assessments
- Supporting with the creation and implementation of effective onboarding plans – Onboarding new hires; setting up IT accounts, scheduling inductions, managing Right to Work and employment vetting checks for new hires. Keeping a track of the stages of the onboarding process to ensure that everything is complete and in place ahead of the new starter’s first day
Learning & Development
- Using LinkedIn Learning to provide training – managing the administration
- Arranging external courses for new and existing employees
- Assisting in performance management processes by sending out communications and managing deadlines. Ensuring all paperwork is complete for year-end.
- Maintaining employee records according to policy and legal requirements, ensuring accurate and proper record-keeping of employee information in electronic and digital format.
- Managing employing benefits, supporting with immigration and sponsorship, and ensuring meticulous implementation of benefits administration.
- Leaver processes and exit interview coordination
- Developing, improving and implementing administration processes.
General Operations & Administration:
- Supporting member services – managing the shared mailbox and responding to incoming calls/enquiries
- Managing the staff birthdays
- Diary management for the Executive Director
- Meeting management – scheduling internal and external meetings; arranging conference calls or video conference details, creating, and sending calendar invitations; booking rooms; ordering catering; taking minutes.
- Overseeing business travel and liaising with our travel company Key Travel.
- Event management: Organising events – finding and booking venues, arranging catering, travel, and accommodation
- Ordering office equipment, maintaining stocks of branded material, ordering supplies, taking deliveries, binding documents, and managing hotdesking. Ensuring that the office is always kept to a tidy and high standard. Liaising with building management staff when required. Photocopying, printing, and binding documents. Creating work instructions/user guides for admin processes. Ensuring that all employees are organised and satisfied in their work environment.
- Management Information Reporting: Producing quarterly reports and board packs for board meetings. Providing an expert level of support to create and refine PowerPoints and presentation decks. Creating and managing Excel spreadsheets of data to an advanced level (creating dashboards, charts, using pivot tables, V lookups etc); developing and implementing admin processes.
IT Operations & Support:
- workstation setup, ensuring IT-related issues are managed and addressed, teamwide accounts/logins, managing technical IT issues by liaising with the experts etc
Skills & Experience:
- Prior operations and administration experience ideally working in a fast-paced operations support role providing support on HR, Finance.
- Expert in Office 365 suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be experienced in using Salesforce as an administrator and have a desire to learn more in order to provide day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and improvement of our CRM platform.
- Prior experience in organising e.g., diary management, event management
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees and management. Experience preparing letters, presentations, and reports to a high standard.
- Experience implementing and overseeing operational processes to ensure that administration is efficient and that the office runs efficiently
- Highly organised and able to prioritise tasks, manage own time and work to deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- High attention to detail and a completer-finisher
- Proactive and capable of working autonomously on own initiative
- Able to learn quickly
- Flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities with an entrepreneurial spirit to be happy to help wherever required
- Reliable and able to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A strong customer service ethos to deliver high operational standards to the team
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter, outlining your relevant experience in similar projects, to [email protected].