Type of Position: Full time
Location: London preferred, but flexible depending on candidate
Salary: Competitive for not-for-profit sector
Benefits: Pension Benefit, Private Health Insurance, 25-days paid vacation + public holidays
The FAIRR Initiative seeks to ensure that investors and companies understand the risks of industrial livestock production, to support investors to assess these issues as part of their investment processes, and to work with companies to address these issues. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic experienced business development professional to contribute a fast-growing investor network that is reshaping the views of the global protein supply chain and intensive livestock farming. We are a small, driven and expanding team with very ambitious goals.
- Outreach: Work with FAIRR’s Director and Outreach team to develop and execute a coordinated membership recruitment strategy. Drive pro-active recruitment of targeted institutional investors (public/corporate pension plans, insurers, asset managers, endowments/foundations). Coordinate one-on-one meetings with investors to facilitate membership sign-on. Establish and deliver ambitious quarterly KPIs for membership recruitment and report progress to the Board.
- Membership Relations: Work with FAIRR teams to maintain active engagement with our membership base to ensure member satisfaction and incorporate investor feedback. Responsible for creation of a FAIRR Membership Strategy for 2020 and beyond.
- Raising Awareness: Increase awareness about the materiality of ESG issues linked to the intensive livestock supply chain and the importance of their integration in to investment processes and portfolio analysis.
- Events: Represent FAIRR at relevant events to help raise the organisation’s profile and help showcase relevant recent research, initiatives and investor briefings.
- Collaboration with other FAIRR teams: Develop strong working relationships with colleagues in other FAIRR team to broaden and deepen the understanding of how FAIRR’s key issues are evolving within the corporate and investor landscape. Aid overall team effectiveness by contributing to weekly team meetings, for example with respect to investor knowledge and feedback.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Build FAIRR’s profile in the market to drive and deliver membership targets.
- Lead recruitment meetings and/or FAIRR pitch presentations to potential investor members.
- Lead in one-on-one high level meetings and interactions with investors/stakeholders to provide understanding and knowledge on the risks and opportunities within the current livestock production system.
- Represent FAIRR in key conferences globally and RI-related forums (which include public speaking)
- Prepare reports on progress for presentation to the FAIRR Board
- Manage email correspondence, conference calls, meetings and events involving investors and other stakeholders
- Prepare agendas, minutes and progress updates
- Manage own activity on FAIRR client relationship management databases
- International travel will be a key component of this role
- Proven business development and relationship management skills, preferably within the financial sector, or within other service-based industries, such as management consulting.
- Proven success in building a successful pipeline of opportunities to deliver membership/sales targets
- In-depth knowledge of, and contacts with, key responsible investment professionals at major asset owners, investment managers and consultants
- Broad knowledge of global capital markets and the role played by investors, consultants and regulators throughout the investment chain
- Strong interest in responsible investment, sustainability, the global food system and ESG issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (additional languages highly valued)
- Demonstrable experience in leading meetings and pitches to investment executives at all levels and their trustees
- Good team player, with experience working internationally and a strong partnership ethos; willingness to work both independently and closely with colleagues to deliver mutually agreed solutions supporting FAIRR’s agenda
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification; Master’s degree in one or more relevant fields and/or a recognised investment qualification preferable
- IT competencies: Advanced – Office Suite (Excel, Power point, Word); SalesForce
How to apply
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance or visa sponsorship
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter to [email protected]