London preferred, but flexible depending on the candidate
Competitive for the not-for-profit sector
Pension Benefit, Private Health Insurance, 25-days paid vacation + public holidays
The FAIRR Initiative is an innovative peer network for investors that harnesses the power of capital markets to transform global protein supply chains to be sustainable and resilient. We produce thematic reports and individual company research discussing the financial impacts of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, which inform our market-leading collaborative engagements with global food companies.
We work with over 250 investors representing $29+ trillion in combined assets and use their power and influence to help global food companies (i.e., retailers, brand manufacturers, livestock, fish and dairy producers) build a more sustainable and equitable global food system.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with at least three years of relevant experience to join our team. The successful candidate will support our research and engagement strategy to enable FAIRR’s Investor Members to drive better engagement and stewardship outcomes in their investments in the food sector. This role will be crucial in our work to influence both investor and corporate strategies to drive towards a protein sector that is better for people and the planet. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and growing organisation that is working to engage the institutional investor community on cutting-edge issues in the area of sustainable food.
The successful candidate will be leading FAIRR’s work on ESG in the aquaculture sector and develop and lead a new workstream on biodiversity in the context of livestock production. This will involve producing ESG research on emerging sector issues; developing and leading collaborative investor engagements with global food companies and external engagement with industry experts and stakeholders.
Outreach: Work with FAIRR’s Executive Director and Head of Outreach to develop and execute a coordinated membership recruitment strategy. Drive pro-active recruitment of targeted institutional investors (public/corporate pension plans, insurers, asset managers, endowments/foundations) and coordinate one-on-one meetings to facilitate membership sign-on. Establish and deliver ambitious quarterly KPIs for membership recruitment and report progress to the Board.
Membership Relations: Collaborate with FAIRR internal workstreams to maintain active engagement with our membership base to ensure member satisfaction and incorporate investor feedback
Raising Awareness: Increase awareness about the materiality of ESG issues linked to the intensive livestock supply chain and the importance of their integration into investment processes and portfolio analysis.
Events: Represent FAIRR at relevant events to assist in raising the organisation’s profile and showcase relevant recent research, initiatives and investor briefings.
Collaboration with internal stakeholders: Develop strong working relationships with colleagues in other FAIRR workstreams to broaden and deepen the understanding of how FAIRR’s key issues are evolving within the corporate and investor landscape. Aid overall team effectiveness by contributing to the weekly team meetings (i.e., providing investor knowledge and feedback).
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Building FAIRR’s profile in the market to drive and deliver membership targets.
- Leading recruitment meetings and/or FAIRR pitch presentations to potential investor members.
- Leading in one-on-one high-level meetings and interactions with investors/stakeholders to provide understanding and knowledge on the risks and opportunities within the current livestock production system.
- Representing FAIRR at key conferences globally and in RI-related forums (public speaking).
- Preparing reports on progress for presentation to the Board.
- Managing email correspondence, conference calls, meetings and events involving investors and other stakeholders.
- Preparing agendas, minutes and progress updates.
- Recording own activity on FAIRR client relationship management databases.
- International travel, which will be a key component of this role.
- Proven business development and relationship management skills, preferably within the financial sector, or within other service-based industries, such as management consulting.
- Demonstrable experience in building a successful pipeline of opportunities to deliver membership/sales targets.
- In-depth knowledge of, and connections with, key responsible investment professionals at major asset owners, investment managers and consultancies.
- Broad knowledge of global capital markets and the role played by investors, consultants and regulators throughout the investment chain.
- Strong interest in responsible investment, sustainability, the global food system and ESG issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (additional languages are highly valued).
- Demonstrable experience in leading meetings and pitches to investment executives at all levels, including their trustees
- Good team player, with experience working internationally and a strong partnership ethos; willingness to work both independently and closely with colleagues to deliver mutually agreed solutions to support FAIRR’s work
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification; Master’s degree in one or more relevant fields and/or a recognised investment qualification preferable
- IT competencies: Advanced – Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); SalesForce
How to apply
Please send applications to [email protected] with the subject line, Job Application: Investor Outreach Manager. Make sure to include a CV (no longer than two sides) and a one-page cover letter. Please note that we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
As part of the application process, you will be required to provide documentary evidence of your right to work in the UK.