|Type of Position:||Full time|
|Location:||London preferred, but flexible depending on the candidate|
|Salary:||Competitive for the not-for-profit sector|
|Benefits:||Pension Benefit, Private Health Insurance, 25-days paid vacation + public holidays|
The FAIRR Initiative ensures that both companies and investors understand the risks involved in industrial livestock production. We support investors to assess these risks as part of their investment processes and work with companies to address these issues. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced business development professional to contribute to a fast-growing investor network that is reshaping the views of the global protein supply chain and intensive livestock farming. We are a small, driven and expanding team with very ambitious goals.
Outreach: Work with FAIRR’s Executive Director and Head of Outreach to develop and execute a coordinated membership recruitment strategy. Drive pro-active recruitment of targeted institutional investors (public/corporate pension plans, insurers, asset managers, endowments/foundations) and coordinate one-on-one meetings to facilitate membership sign-on. Establish and deliver ambitious quarterly KPIs for membership recruitment and report progress to the Board.
Membership Relations: Collaborate with FAIRR internal workstreams to maintain active engagement with our membership base to ensure member satisfaction and incorporate investor feedback
Raising Awareness: Increase awareness about the materiality of ESG issues linked to the intensive livestock supply chain and the importance of their integration into investment processes and portfolio analysis.
Events: Represent FAIRR at relevant events to assist in raising the organisation’s profile and showcase relevant recent research, initiatives and investor briefings.
Collaboration with internal stakeholders: Develop strong working relationships with colleagues in other FAIRR workstreams to broaden and deepen the understanding of how FAIRR’s key issues are evolving within the corporate and investor landscape. Aid overall team effectiveness by contributing to the weekly team meetings (i.e., providing investor knowledge and feedback).
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Building FAIRR’s profile in the market to drive and deliver membership targets.
- Leading recruitment meetings and/or FAIRR pitch presentations to potential investor members.
- Leading in one-on-one high-level meetings and interactions with investors/stakeholders to provide understanding and knowledge on the risks and opportunities within the current livestock production system.
- Representing FAIRR at key conferences globally and in RI-related forums (public speaking).
- Preparing reports on progress for presentation to the Board.
- Managing email correspondence, conference calls, meetings and events involving investors and other stakeholders.
- Preparing agendas, minutes and progress updates.
- Recording own activity on FAIRR client relationship management databases.
- International travel, which will be a key component of this role.
- Proven business development and relationship management skills, preferably within the financial sector, or within other service-based industries, such as management consulting.
- Demonstrable experience in building a successful pipeline of opportunities to deliver membership/sales targets.
- In-depth knowledge of, and connections with, key responsible investment professionals at major asset owners, investment managers and consultancies.
- Broad knowledge of global capital markets and the role played by investors, consultants and regulators throughout the investment chain.
- Strong interest in responsible investment, sustainability, the global food system and ESG issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (additional languages are highly valued).
- Demonstrable experience in leading meetings and pitches to investment executives at all levels, including their trustees
- Good team player, with experience working internationally and a strong partnership ethos; willingness to work both independently and closely with colleagues to deliver mutually agreed solutions to support FAIRR’s work
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification; Master’s degree in one or more relevant fields and/or a recognised investment qualification preferable
- IT competencies: Advanced – Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); SalesForce
How to apply
Please send applications to [email protected] with the subject line, Job Application: Investor Outreach Manager. Make sure to include a CV (no longer than two sides) and a one-page cover letter. Please note that we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
As part of the application process, you will be required to provide documentary evidence of your right to work in the UK.