Office-based, London, UK
Competitive for non-profit sector
Pension benefit, private health insurance, 25-days paid holiday + public holidays
- Closing Date
- Saturday, 30th Oct 2021
The FAIRR Initiative is a global collaborative investor network established by the Jeremy Coller Foundation. Our mission is to build a network of global investors who are focused and engaged on the risks linked to intensive livestock production. We provide cutting-edge research and facilitate collaborative engagements to support investors as they navigate the many ESG risks associated with intensive animal production and the opportunities presented by alternative proteins.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic senior relationship manager to contribute to a fast-growing investor network that is reshaping the views of the global protein supply chain and intensive livestock farming. We are a small, driven and expanding team with very ambitious goals.
- Work with FAIRR’s Executive Director and Outreach team to develop and execute a coordinated membership engagement strategy. Drive pro-active use of FAIRR’s resources at network member institutions (e.g., public/corporate pension plans, insurers, asset managers, endowments/foundations).
- Coordinate one-on-one meetings with investors to facilitate both membership sign-on and member engagement with our product offering. Establish and deliver ambitious quarterly KPIs for reporting to the Board.
- Increase awareness of the materiality of ESG issues linked to the intensive livestock supply chain and the importance of their integration into investment processes and analysis.
- Represent FAIRR at relevant financial and ESG events to raise the organisation’s profile within the investment industry and showcase recent research, initiatives and investor briefings.
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues across the FAIRR team to broaden and deepen the understanding of how FAIRR’s key issues are evolving within the investor landscape. Aid overall team effectiveness to support member satisfaction, FAIRR product development and incorporate investor feedback.
- Build FAIRR’s profile within our investor network to drive and deliver member engagement targets.
- Lead in one-on-one meetings and interactions with investor members/stakeholders to further knowledge of the risks and opportunities within the current protein supply chain and generate ideas for the integration of FAIRR’s work within their investment processes.
- Represent FAIRR globally in mainstream financial conferences and RI-related forums. This includes public speaking as well as networking.
- Prepare reports on progress for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Manage own activity on FAIRR client relationship management databases.
- International travel will be a key component of this role.
- Proven relationship management and business development skills, preferably within the financial sector, or within other service-based industries, such as management consulting.
- Demonstrable experience in leading meetings and pitches to investment executives at all levels and their trustees.
- In-depth knowledge of responsible investments, as well as contacts with key professionals at major asset owners, investment managers and consultancies is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of global capital markets including the requirements of the various roles within the investment industry and their ESG research and data requirements.
- Ability to operate quickly and effectively in a complex, fast-paced environment, with a strong service and entrepreneurial attitude
- Interest in food systems, sustainability and/or the SDG agenda.
- Excellent team player with strong analytical skills and investment acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (additional languages highly valued).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification; Master’s degree in one or more relevant fields and/or a recognised investment qualification preferable.
- IT competencies: Advanced – Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
How to apply
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line, Application: Membership Engagement Manager. Please note that we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
As part of the application process, you will be required to provide documentary evidence of your right to work in the UK.