Maternity Cover, approx. 9 months Fixed Term Contract
Office-based, Park House, London, UK (we are currently operating a trial of hybrid working, 2 days per week minimum in the office)
Pension Benefit , Private Medical Insurance, 25-days holiday (plus Bank Holiays); Dental Insurance.
Background on FAIRR and the Coller Foundation
The FAIRR Initiative was established in 2015 by the Jeremy Coller Foundation. FAIRR is the fastest growing ESG investor network which raises awareness of the material ESG risks and opportunities in global food chains.
The FAIRR Initiative works with over 250 investors representing more than $45 trillion in combined assets to use their power and influence to help global food companies (retailers, brand manufacturers, livestock, fish and dairy producers) build a more sustainable and equitable global food system. We produce thematic and individual company research discussing the financial impacts of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, which inform our market-leading collaborative engagements such as the Sustainable Proteins engagement. You can learn more about FAIRR and its recent research and engagements on www.fairr.org
We care passionately about the work we do. Our team boasts a variety of talents, all of which are instrumental to the ongoing success of our organisation. Not only are we an international, multicultural and diverse group of people, but each of us also shares the organisation’s vision for a more sustainable and equitable food system.
About the role
This is an enormously influential role that will enable FAIRR’s Investor Members to drive better engagement and stewardship outcomes in their investments in the food sector. This role is crucial in our work to influence both investor and corporate strategies to drive towards a protein sector that is better for people and the planet. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and growing organisation that is working to engage the institutional investor community on cutting-edge issues in the area of sustainable food.
The successful candidate will be leading FAIRR’s work on ESG on sustainable proteins. This will involve leading a team to produce ESG research on emerging sector issues; developing and leading collaborative investor engagements with global food companies and external engagement with industry experts and stakeholders. In addition, they will be a strong people manager and strategic thinker who can contribute to the overall direction of our research and engagement priorities.
- Driving investor and corporate engagement across key ESG themes. The candidate will help drive forward FAIRR’S market leading engagement on sustainable proteins with global retailers and manufacturers.
- Taking the lead and driving content creation, ESG company level research and sector-level analysis on sustainable proteins with an emphasis on financial impact.
- Helping leadership with managing and coordinating workflow across multiple research and engagement projects outside of sustainable protein
- Leading on direct dialogue with companies at the senior level – being the spokesperson and presenting.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with investors, and other relevant stakeholders. This includes taking a lead role in ensuring the successful delivery of investor engagements and FAIRR’s mission.
- Representing FAIRR at relevant conferences in the responsible investment and sustainable development space.
- As a close-knit and relatively small team, you may also be required to work with other parts of the FAIRR team on ad-hoc research requests, documents, events or other tasks, as required.
- Excellent research and analytical skills – both qualitative and quantitative – with strong attention to detail. Ability to identify relevant trends in large data sets and derive conclusions based on the analysis.
- Strong project management skills, including an ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines. Evidence of scoping and tracking projects and managing resources to time constraints. You will need to demonstrate you can lead a small team of analysts to deliver projects in a timely manager.
- Demonstrable experience of interacting and working with senior business professionals and the ability to engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience in working with or understanding corporate sustainability issues, especially in the food and beverage sector. Knowledge of reporting frameworks, such as CDP, SASB and GRI would also be an advantage.
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of responsible investment and shareholder engagement activities. Experience of working with investors would be a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and communicate both verbally (this role will involve presenting with impact) and in writing (as report writing will be required and the candidate will need to be able to draft written materials to a polished and professional standard with minimal review).
- Proactive attitude and a confident and professional manner in dealing with senior business professionals.
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint (and Office 365 in general).
- Experience working with Bloomberg would be a value add.
- Willing to occasionally attend conference calls in different time zones outside normal working hours.
How to apply
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line, Application: Senior Manager, Research & Engagements. Please note that we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
As part of the application process, you will be required to provide documentary evidence of your right to work in the UK.