Type of position: Full time, Permanent
Location: Office-based, London, UK
Benefits: Pension Benefit, Private Health Insurance, 25-days paid vacation + public holidays
FAIRR is an innovative peer network for investors harnessing the power of capital markets to transform global protein production away from an over-reliance on intensive animal agriculture systems. We work with over 250 investors representing over $20 trillion in combined assets to use their power and influence to help global livestock, fish and dairy companies build a more sustainable global food system.
Building on the success of FAIRR’s flagship research, the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index, we are looking to broaden our capacity for research and engagement with the global food companies.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with at least five years of work experience to join our team. The Senior Manager will support our research and engagement strategy to enable FAIRR’s investor members to drive better engagement and stewardship outcomes in their investments in the food sector. This role will be crucial in our work to influence both investor and corporate strategies to drive towards a protein transition that is better for people and the planet.
This is a full-time position based in our London office with line reporting to the Head of Research & Engagements. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Driving the execution of our annual flagship project, the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index.
The Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index is a ground-breaking benchmark of 60 of the world’s largest protein producers. Its main purpose is to enable institutional investors to better understand the critical risks and opportunities faced by meat, dairy and fish companies in their portfolios. This is an ambitious and data-intensive project that involves in-depth analysis of 60 global companies across multiple ESG themes. Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with sector experts and investors to refine and maintain the Index’s methodology across all thematic areas.
- Managing the extensive data collection and analysis process to ensure robust, accurate and reliable data outcomes.
- Liaising directly with Index companies to continually improve corporate engagement with the Index constituents, including establishing an active feedback loop.
- Leading outreach and investor engagement to encourage greater adoption of the Index by investors, including FAIRR’s global membership.
Developing and driving investor engagements linked to outcomes from the Index.
- Working closely with FAIRR’s membership to support investor stewardship activities on Index companies, including organising collaborative investor engagements on an annual basis.
Provide senior level support and oversight for FAIRR’s existing and new investor engagement projects – including those on antibiotics and alternative proteins.
- Provide senior-level support and oversight of existing engagements and research projects, including review of reports and participating in company/investor dialogues where senior support is needed.
Provide general administrative and research support to other relevant initiatives within FAIRR.
- As a close knit and relatively small team, you may also be required to work with other parts of the FAIRR team on ad hoc research requests, documents, events or other tasks as required.
- Mentor junior team members
- Represent FAIRR in external interfaces, including speaking and media engagements. This role will require moderate travel.
- Excellent research and analytical skills – both qualitative and quantitative – with a strong attention to detail. Ability to identify relevant trends in large data sets and derive conclusions based on the analysis.
- Strong project management skills, including an ability to manage multiple, complex projects with competing deadlines
- Advanced skills in Excel (and Office 365 in general). Experience working with other data platforms such as Tableau is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience of interacting and working with senior business professionals and ability to engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Understanding of corporate sustainability issues, especially in the food and beverage sector. (Knowledge of reporting frameworks such as CDP and GRI would be helpful).
- Understanding of responsible investment and shareholder engagement activities. Experience of working with investors is a plus.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Ability to draft written materials to a professional standard with minimal review and excellent verbal communications skills
- Proactive attitude and a confident and professional manner in dealing with senior business professionals.
- Willing to occasionally attend conference calls in different time zones outside normal working hours
How to apply
**Applicants must be eligible to work and reside in the UK.