Office-based, London, UK (note: remote working will remain in place until further notice)
Pension Benefit, Private Health Insurance, 25-days paid vacation + public holidays
- Closing Date
- Friday, 5th Mar 2021
|Type of Position:||Full time|
|Location:||Office-based, London, UK (note: remote working will remain in place until further notice)|
|Benefits:||Pension Benefit, Private Health Insurance, 25-days paid vacation + public holidays|
|Closing date:||5 March 2021|
The FAIRR Initiative is an innovative peer network for investors that harnesses the power of capital markets to transform global protein supply chains to be sustainable and resilient. We produce thematic reports and individual company research discussing the financial impacts of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, which inform our market-leading collaborative engagements with global food companies.
We work with over 250 investors representing $29+ trillion in combined assets and use their power and influence to help global food companies (i.e., retailers, brand manufacturers, livestock, fish and dairy producers) build a more sustainable and equitable global food system.
About the role
We are looking for an ambitious candidate with at least five years of relevant experience to join our team. The successful candidate will support our research and engagement strategy to enable FAIRR’s Investor Members to drive better engagement and stewardship outcomes with their investments in the food sector. This role will play a crucial role in influencing investor and corporate strategies to build a protein sector that is better for both people and planet. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and growing organisation that is working to engage the institutional investor community on cutting-edge issues in the area of sustainable food production.
The candidate will be part of FAIRR’s Research & Engagement team and will assume primary responsibility for the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index, a ground-breaking benchmark of 60 of the world’s largest animal protein producers on the most material ESG issues. The goal of the Index is to enable institutional investors to better understand the critical risks and opportunities faced by the meat, dairy, and fish companies in their portfolios. We use our proprietary methodology to assess sustainability and business risks associated with this sector. This is an ambitious and data-intensive project that involves an in-depth analysis of 60 global companies across multiple ESG themes.
- Working with sector experts and investors to refine and maintain the Index’s proprietary methodology across all thematic areas.
- Assuming oversight of the extensive data collection and analysis process to ensure robust, accurate, and reliable data outcomes.
- Developing in-depth analytical research on the ESG and business performance of companies using our proprietary methodology.
- Liaising directly with Index companies to continually improve corporate engagement with the Index constituents, including establishing an active feedback loop.
- Working directly with investors to encourage greater adoption of the Index data to develop their internal ESG ratings and scores. Our goal is to get more investors to integrate our data into their investment processes.
Supporting investor engagements linked to outcomes from the Index.
- Working closely with colleagues to support investor stewardship activities on Index companies, including supporting collaborative investor engagements on an annual basis.
Provide general administrative and research support to other relevant initiatives within FAIRR.
- As a close-knit and relatively small team, you may also be required to work with other parts of the FAIRR team on ad hoc basis. This includes research requests, documents preparation, events, or other tasks as required.
- Supporting the Outreach team to attract new investors to the FAIRR network.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with investors and other relevant stakeholders.
- Representing FAIRR in external interfaces, including speaking and media engagements. Post-pandemic, this role will require moderate travel.
- Excellent research and analytical skills—both qualitative and quantitative—with strong attention to detail. Ability to identify relevant trends in large data sets and derive conclusions based on the analysis.
- A good understanding of financial markets and investing, as well as knowledge of: mainstreaming ESG integration; ESG fund or index creation; ESG risk analysis; green finance and reporting of investments in different asset classes
- Strong project management skills, including an ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of interacting and working with senior business professionals and the ability to engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Environmental Economics, Sustainable Development, Sustainable Finance, Development Economics or Environmental Sciences or relevant work experience.
- CFA or progress towards the designation and/or qualifications in sustainable investing.
- Understanding of ESG issues in the food and beverage sector.
- Knowledge of reporting frameworks such as CDP, SASB, TCFD and GRI
- Awareness of ESG regulation in the financial markets, EU Taxonomy, EU Green bond
- Understanding of responsible investment and shareholder engagement activities.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Ability to draft written materials to a professional standard with minimal review and excellent verbal communications skills
- Proactive attitude and a confident and professional manner in dealing with senior business professionals.
- Advanced skills in Excel (and Office 365 in general). Experience working with Bloomberg would be a significant value add.
- Willing to occasionally attend conference calls in different time zones outside normal working hours.
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Please note that applicants must be eligible to work and reside in the UK.