The FAIRR Initiative and the Jeremy Coller Foundation will host the first international law and policy conference on the future of protein, on 3 June 2021.
As the world recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic, the conference aims to inspire discussion on policy and innovation to feed the world while protecting the environment, human health, and animal welfare.
The summit will focus on the role of policymaking on food system transitions, covering policy levers that are being used to support a healthy, sustainable food system within planetary boundaries. It will feature speakers from the world of responsible investment and the broader finance sector, alongside policymakers and food systems stakeholders.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Mary Robinson, former President of Ireland, Chair of The Elders
- Eric Usher, Head of UNEP Finance Initiative
- Maria Neira, Director of Environment, Climate Change and Health, World Health Organization
- Philip Lymbery, Chief Executive, Compassion in World Farming
- Gunhild Stordalen, the founder and executive chair of EAT
- Professor Tim Benton, Research Director, Chatham House
- David Yeung, CEO, Green Monday
- Jeremy Coller, Chairman of Coller Capital, FAIRR Initiative founder
Opening Breakfast: The Future of Food in Asia: The role of Green Finance for Climate and Biodiversity
08:30-09:15 BST / 09:30-10:15 CEST / 15:30-16:15 CST
Opening Plenary: Food systems transformation: “building back better” and preventing future pandemics
12:00-12:45 BST / 13:00-13:45 CEST / 07:00-07:45 EDT / 19:00-19:45 CST
Session 2 – Policy Levers: What works to drive policy change, and implications for food system transformations
14:00-14:45 BST / 15:00-15:45 CEST / 09:00-09:45 EDT / 18:30-19:30 IST
Session 3 – Closing Session: A Sustainable, Equitable and Just Transition for Food Producers
15:00-16:00 BST / 16:00-17:00 CEST / 10:00-11:00 EDT