This FAIRR event will dive into the topic of Just Transition in animal agriculture.
The meat industry is not accounting for the social implications and labour risk of transitioning to net zero. Meat producers and consumer-facing food companies are increasingly setting climate risk mitigation targets and establishing policies around emissions reductions, as well as diversifying their portfolios towards plant-based proteins and embracing automation but are failing to assess the impact of these measures on workers, communities, and suppliers. edges the impact of climate mitigation strategies on the workforce and highlights the need for a “Just Transition of the workforce, and the creation of decent work and quality jobs”, including in agriculture, forestry and other land use.
In this webinar, FAIRR’s team will discuss how several of our workstreams touch on environmental and social risk factors and use the Just Transition framework as a lens through which to conduct analysis. Join us to learn more about how Just Transition can be applied to animal agriculture and discuss how investors can support a just and equitable shift towards sustainable food systems.
- Moderator: Cristina Figaredo, Research & Engagements Manager
- Aquaculture: Lily Stuart, Research & Engagements Manager
- Biodiversity: Max Boucher, Senior Research & Engagements Manager
- Sustainable Proteins: Sofia de la Parra Saravia, ESG Analyst
- Policy: Stephanie Haszczyn, Programme Officer
- Working Conditions: Siân Jones, ESG Analyst