- Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index tops investor poll as ‘Most Innovative Research’.
- FAIRR named as Top 3 provider of ‘Specialist Sustainable Investment Research’.
- FAIRR Director Maria Lettini and Aarti Ramachandran, Head of Research & Engagement named in ‘Top 20 Analysts in Global Responsible Investment Research’.
- FAIRR named, ‘Most Outstanding Initiative on Animal Agriculture’ by AI Magazine
(London, 21 June 2019), FAIRR has been named among the world’s leading organisations for sustainable and responsible investment research.
The IRRI Survey 2019 is a globally authoritative annual survey of capital market professionals, including institutional investors, on the dynamics of sustainable investment. It ranked FAIRR as one of the top three providers of specialist sustainable investment research, placing it ahead of global research giants such as Bloomberg, ISS ESG and HSBC Investment Research.
The Coller FAIRR Index, the world’s first comprehensive assessment of the largest global animal protein companies on critical environmental, social and governance issues –was recognised by respondents as the ‘Most Innovative Research’ report published in 2019.
In a separate development, FAIRR also received an award from AI Magazine as ‘Most Outstanding Initiative on Animal Agriculture’. In its summary, the magazine recognised FAIRR for ‘Driving impact through collaborative engagements’
Jeremy Coller, Founder of the FAIRR initiative and CIO of Coller Capital, said:
“FAIRR’s excellent showing in the IRRI survey reflects the growing importance of intensive farming risks to the global food system and potentially to global investment portfolios. No investor would ignore ESG risks in sectors like coal or cars. Yet in one of the world’s largest sectors – food – investors are often blind to material environmental and social issues shaping the industry. FAIRR has changed the conversation.”
“The awards also reflects the outstanding work of the FAIRR team both in producing research and analysis of the highest quality, and in driving collaborative engagements that have a real impact on our global food system.”
The IRRI survey also found:
- FAIRR was ranked third for ‘Provider of Sustainability Research (excl. climate change)’.
- FAIRR Director, Maria Lettini, was named in the Top 10 for ‘Best SRI Analyst’.
- FAIRR Head of Research and Engagements, Aarti Ramachandran, was named 11th globally for ‘Best Client Relations for Sustainability Research’.
- The Coller FAIRR index was placed in the world’s top 10 ‘Sustainability Indices and Benchmarks’ (ranked 8th).
- FAIRR was ranked sixth for provision of engagement support.
- FAIRR’s work on protein producers and antibiotics was the most cited research in the category of ‘Most Innovative Research in 2019’.
Notes to editor
- For more information please contact:
Elliot Frankal, ESG Communications
[email protected] | 0207 683 6621
- Full results of the IRRI survey can be found here
The FAIRR investor network is a Coller Initiative. It is a collaborative forum for investors that believes that intensive animal production poses material risks to the global financial system and hinders sustainable development. Our mission is to build a global network of investors who are focused and engaged on the risks linked to intensive animal production within the broader food system. FAIRR helps investors to exercise their influence as responsible stewards of capital to engage and safeguard the long-term value of their investment portfolios. www.fairr.org